Digital Law is a broad concept that covers both data protection, such as electronic commerce, domain names, computer crimes and customized contracting on the Internet, not forgetting Cybersecurity policies against unethical attacks.
Digital Law area
Fernández-Palacios has designed an exclusive service in this matter in order to preserve the custody of the information, in addition to being prepared for possible attacks by hackers not interested in entering the system. The exclusivity and originality of this service lies in its components, these being:
- Computer Engineers: they evaluate the cybersecurity levels of the company.
- Technical Implementation companies: they implement the cybersecurity system necessary for the company according to the instructions of the computer engineer.
- Legal Team: responsible for evaluating and regulating how the personal data handled by the company is guaranteed, in accordance with current legislation, creating business protocols (compliance) for the best safeguarding of the client’s interests.
- Insurance company: an absolutely new figure in circumstances of this nature. The margin of safety and the possible economic damages that cannot be guaranteed with the protection policies proposed in cybersecurity.
- Grants: investments in cybersecurity projects for companies are eligible for up to 50% depending on the case. The client will be given a turnkey project that covers the maximum expense to be undertaken for the least impact on their economy.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Both national and community legislation is increasingly demanding with respect to the preservation and care of personal data, all of which consist of numerical, alphabetical, graphic, photographic, acoustic or any other type of information concerning natural persons. identified or identifiable.
The obligations of current legislation are mandatory for any natural and/or legal person who handles data of the aforementioned nature, implying sanctions of up to €600,000 -currently- and €20,000,000.
WEBSITE LEGAL REVIEW
The current regulatory framework, with laws such as the Law on the Service of the Information Society or the current legislation on the Protection of Personal Data, impose a series of obligations on those service providers that use the Internet as a medium. to disseminate their activity and, on many occasions, as a means to acquire the product or service they offer (e-commerce), leading to high penalties in case of non-compliance.
Fernández-Palacios have the physical and human means to defend and preserve the interests of our clients who have suffered the commission of criminal acts on the Internet.
Litigation and arbitration
Company and continuous and personalized follow-up in relation to preliminary, judicial and arbitration controversies before Courts and Organizations, both national and international.
Thanks to our team of professionals with more than 20 years of experience, together with a vast support network of professionals, academics and international collaborators, we seek to offer the best defense.
We start from the base of finding the best possible agreement for both parties, protecting our clients and saving unnecessary, economic and temporary expenses.
We have a multidisciplinary Department in order to provide our clients with comprehensive advice, which includes the drafting and negotiation of all types of contracts related to our disciplines, such as contracts for the assignment of exploitation rights, use and image licences, literary and musical publishing, audiovisual and phonographic production, software development and web pages, plastic works, confidentiality agreements and Know How, exploitation of formats, audiovisuals and phonograms, etc.
Compliance (regulatory compliance) guarantees the company and all its staff that they comply with the applicable regulations, preventing and avoiding any illegal conduct, as well as the sanctions and responsibilities provided by the Law in case of non-compliance.
Fernández-Palacios collaborate with each company to identify the applicable regulations and whose compliance must be ensured, as well as to establish those policies, strategies and controls that are considered relevant.